Standard Bank South Africa is looking for a WebMethods Developer to fill the vacancy in the Information Technology department.
Field of Work
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- To manage and oversee the Bank’s operational and tactical development initiatives which include the execution and, implementation of application delivery programmes and projects against the Bank’s standards, policies and procedures and governance guidelines and Service Level Agreements.
- To provide technical solutions to the needs of stakeholders by interpreting business requirements, defining technical tasks, engineers’ quality software, performing end to end testing, as well as supporting and troubleshooting technical questions, software and database issues.
- Adhere to Agile methodologies and follows Agile principles through work outputs and behaviours:
- Strive to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment.
- Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets.
- Work in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
- Manage work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritization of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands through.
- Manage work using available resources and methodologies ensuring full team engagement.
- Estimate the size and complexity of the work within the team and managing this appropriately.
- Determine the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines.
- Drive team commitments to the work in every iteration or Program Increment.
- Be responsible for value and builds to continuously improve the quality of deliverables.
- Find ways to improve own and the team’s delivery and value to the customer on a continuous basis.
Scope, Plan, Design and Review end to end solutions:
- Advise the development staff on the evaluation and impact analysis of major design options.
- Engage with Information Technology support teams and business stakeholders to scope plan and design end to end solutions.
Define and Develop application complex code:
- Produce outline system specifications using solution designs, functional specifications or technical specifications as input, including input into scope, constraints (such as performance or resources), hardware, network and software environments and depending on the complexity of the project or change, might need to get the different resources from the different BU’s.
- Produce specifications for systems functions, information flows, data loads, implementation strategy, phasing of development, requirements not met and alternatives considered.
- Translate logical designs into component designs taking into account the solution design, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Perform risk analysis and produce development plans in order to consider the impact of design decisions.
- Build, code and review user and system interfaces including menus, screen dialogues, inputs, reports, validation and error correction, processing rules, access, security, audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Work with data analysis colleagues to produce or update system or object data models and correlate these with corporate models. Work with database design or database administration teams to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Assist less experienced colleagues with complex coding problems.
- Conduct quality assurance and approve developed code linked to supplied specifications for production deployment.
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues on any aspect of program component design, creation, testing and documentation.
Conduct Testing across various IT platforms:
- Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes and review test cases as produced by other developers for unit testing purposes as required.
- Conduct unit testing and fix detected errors.
- Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
- Develop technical support documentation within agreed standards.
- Document all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development.
- Review work done by developers to assure all work has been done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development.
- Construct, interpret and execute end to end system and program tests to verify correct operation of completed systems.
- Ensure adherence to release methodology and technical change management procedures for all changes.
- Adhere to own or manage team’s project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
Drive Continuous improvement:
- Coach the junior developers on technical aspects of application development, controls, and documentation standards as well as on engaging effectively.
- Perform quality assurance on the work completed by junior developers.
- Quality assurance can cover code developed as well as supporting documents and test plans.
- Look actively for opportunities to shorten development times, improve skills of the team and improve cost efficiency of application development activities.
- Ensure that all component designs take into account all specified requirements and constraints.
- Provide level 3 support and production standby post go live.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12.
- Webmethods Certifications (from Software AG)
- Relevant IT Diploma/Degree.
- At least 3 years experience using WebMethods Integration Services
- At least 2 years experience using WebMethods BPM development
- At least 2 years’ experience building UI applications using any of Angular, Vue, Ajax, or Python scripting tools
- A certification in AWS Cloud is highly advantageous
- Experience with integrating APIs from 3rd party systems highly beneficial
- Broad knowledge of Web Standards as it relates to API’s
- Experience in UX (User Experience) Design highly beneficial
- At least 3 years experience using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases
- Strong grasp of good coding/design standards with the emphasis on ensuring quality and robust code execution
- Experience working within a collaborative team environment (Agile)
- Ability to interpret User Requirements as per Agile User Stories and translate these into simple technical specifications and/or code
- Ability to interpret integration use cases involving multiple systems and executing complex business logic in respect of developing API services
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of incidents and problems in collaboration with peers in operations and/or engineering practice
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience working on enterprise scale architectures
- Good understanding of Application architecture and methodologies
- Exposure to Asset Based Technologies and processes highly beneficial
- Exposure to a DevOps environment as it relates to Continuous Integration and Deployments is highly beneficial
- Available for callout/standby/deployment weekends
How to Apply
- Evaluates various technologies for relevance and cost-effectiveness for implementation in the organisation. Constantly keeps pace with new technology and identifies relevant applications in different areas of the institution.
- Conducts risk/benefit assessments when considering the adoption of new technologies.
- Understands products to internal level.
Proficiency Level: ADVANCED – Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations.
We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process.
If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za