Witkoppen, a company based in the heart of Durban is looking an Information Security Specialist to fill the vacant position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with users to discuss computer data access needs, to identify security threats and violations, and to identify and recommend needed programming or process changes.
- Uses data encryption, firewalls, and other appropriate security tools and applications to conceal and protect transfers of confidential digital information Develops and implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure; adheres to emergency data processing needs.
- Reviews violations of security procedures; provides training to ensure violations do not recur.
- Monitors and restricts access to sensitive, confidential, or other high-security data.
- Modifies security files and applications as able and necessary to provide specialized access, allow new software to be installed or integrated, or correct errors.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness.
- Determines when to update virus protection systems by monitoring current reports of computer viruses; facilitates or performs needed updates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, related to company’s Information Security.
- Diploma in computer science, Programming, or a related field required.
- 3 years of experience in computer systems with some specialization in computer security highly preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R14,000.00 to R17,000.00 /month
- computer security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Diploma (Preferred)
How to Apply
2. System Engineer (Cyber Security) – Networks Unlimited (Pty) Ltd
Do you want to be part of an established value-added distributor, offering the best and latest solutions within the converged technology, datacentre, networking and security landscapes? Then NU is the place for you!
- Provide the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support that benefits the company
- Deliver product demonstrations and presentations to show the functional and technical capabilities of the relevant product to meet the customer’s needs
- Must be able to a build a BOM (Bill of Material)
- Provide technical support on the product and understand technical value proposition
- Design own POC document if the product assigned to you does not have one
- Assist with project plans and network diagrams
- Provide post-sales technical support to resellers and end users
- Must have at least 5-7 years of experience within cyber security
- Optimization, Spanning tree, VTP, VLANs)
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies.
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuring enterprise networks
- Must be conversant in positioning a product into complex datacentre networks.
- VPNs (IPsec VPN, SSL, Dialup VPNs)
- Grade 12/Matric Certificate
- IT Degree / Diploma
- NSE4 or 5
Job Type: Permanent
- Similar: 3 years (Required)
- Cyber Security : 5 years (Required)
- Fortigate Firewall: 3 years (Required)