SUSE the world’s largest independent open source company, helps customers, partners and communities be the difference in their spheres of influence.
Through open collaboration and agile, enterprise-grade open source solutions, customers, partners and communities are empowered to simplify tasks, modernize environments and accelerate business innovation – ultimately reaping the benefits of measurable value and better futures.
Our customer obsessed operating model means exceptional service, value, flexibility and customer choice, with no enforced lock in.
SUSE’s open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
Description of position
We are seeking a software sales professional to manage a team of highly professional sales representatives, partner executives and sales engineers to drive SUSE sales and support in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) based out of our office in Johannesburg.
You and your team are responsible for selling SUSE products and services across the SSA market leveraging all go to market routes available locally and across EMEA.
You will be responsible for managing and developing the team and their performance as well as for developing an approach in the various industries strategically for ongoing profitable and sustainable growth of SUSE in your area of responsibility.
You and your team will be responsible for the development of existing customers as well as for securing new customers who have the target profile for our well established and innovative open source products and services.
You will be expected to become a trusted advisor on Open Source, and related SUSE strategies and products to the senior management level of these customer organizations as well as develop and maintain executive-level relationships to support your team’s success.
Place in the organization
This position reports into the EMEA North Regional Director (who is based in the UK) and will be based at the Johannesburg SUSE office in South Africa.
• To manage, build and develop a high-performing team of enterprise sales and presales resources, leading and coaching each team member to maximize their individual success and satisfaction with their job.
• To define the go-to-market strategies and business plan for your team and to assign the right account sets to each member of the team.
• To develop and drive the right sales initiatives for a solid pipeline for the “rolling four quarters” forward.
• To achieve or exceed revenue targets with your team on an ongoing basis.
• To provide a periodic, accurate and achievable forecast for yourself and your team on a consistent and timely manner.
• To build SUSE’s brand in major enterprise accounts on an executive level.
• To support and review detailed and structured account & opportunity plans for major deals of your team.
• To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors and to use these to maximum advantage to sell the SUSE solutions and deliver real value to customers.
• To create best practice in business and contractual relationships within Canada.
• To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions.
• In this role you may be carrying ownership for a number of direct accounts.
• Bookings performance against target.
• Forecasting accuracy.
• Business development.
• People management.
• University degree in a business related discipline or comparable.
• Fluency in English
• 8-10 years sales experience selling enterprise software
• Minimum 5 years in similar man-manager role.
• Experience in people management and developing high performing teams – as well as individual performance management.
• Proven track record in meeting and exceeding goals and sales targets.
• Experienced in managing complex sales processes in a structured manner.
• Experience in seeking and developing relationships at C-level in enterprise accounts.
• Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across all areas of the business.
• Experience with Linux, Open source and related strategies preferred.
• Eager to work as an active member of the management team for Canada and taking responsibility and ownership in the day-to-day execution within a fast-growing organization.
• A leverage-able network of accounts, preferably in the high end of the target market.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills.
• Independent and takes responsibility/ownership.
• Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector.
• Ability to “think outside the box”.
• Energetic and hungry for success.
• Focus on continuous improvement.
• Excellent coach and team leader. Understands situational leadership.
• High integrity – makes and keeps commitments.
• Thinks business and team first (then self)
• Acts inclusively – can step up as country manager for all (SUSE) employees as needed located in the geographic area.
• Maintains low barriers to contribution. Fosters collaboration.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility.
More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services.
The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
In GCO we are audacious. We inspire our people, customers, partners and markets to enable their dreams to be realized in collaboration with SUSE.
We differentiate ourselves through integrity, empathy & creativity. Our growth mind set, resilience and a focus on customer success, ensures we are eternally relevant.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.