Leading South African Media Company, Channel24 seeks to hire a Content Producer for full time employment.
Main Purpose Of The Role
To produce quality and factually correct news or feature content for both Channel24 and Arts24 to deadline daily.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Generate content for Channel24 and Arts24 by writing, repurposing, researching, editing and publishing copy;
- Write creative and entertaining content pieces that fit in with editorial style;
- Responsible for the quality of content and the general appearance of certain sections of the website;
- Adhere to the quality and content standards as laid out and required by the particular publication;
- Liaise with network of contacts to assist with research or completion of articles/features;
- May be responsible for the creation of multimedia content, including galleries, video and podcasts;
- May be required to assist and support freelance staff and junior permanent staff;
- May be required to build community through social-media presence and filtering of user-generated content; and
- May be required to translate
Skills And Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Sound judgment skills
- Excellent verbal communications
- Excellent written communication skills
- Pressure resilience
- Result Orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Technically savvy
Qualifications And Experience
- A tertiary qualification in journalism, languages or media studies.
- At least 2 years experience in writing and editing online; experience may determine seniority.
- Thorough understanding of internet and how to deliver online content.
- Good general knowledge; Knowledge of particular target market of the publication.
- Knowledge of topical issues and current affairs.